Canva Docs and Magic Write are a match made in heaven. Create visually supercharged paperwork with the bonus of Magic Write’s AI intelligence. Canva has simply taken all of it up a degree!
BY DONNA MORITZ | PUBLISHED 28 FEBRUARY, 2023
Posts on this weblog could comprise affiliate hyperlinks, which implies we obtain a small fee for free of charge to you, if you buy by a hyperlink.
So, what’s Canva Docs? For a visible overview, watch this video beneath as I stroll you thru all of the superior options of Canva Docs and the Magic Write (AI content material creator) integration. They seem to be a match made in heaven!
Watch the Full Video Tutorial of Canva Docs & Magic Write!
Word that is the complete video walkthrough, and I’ve embedded time-coded demonstrations of a few of the options of Canva Docs and Magic Write beneath (from the identical video so you possibly can skip to particular options or demos):
Let’s stroll by a few of the options and advantages of the Canva Docs and the Magic Write Integration.
Canva Docs and Magic Write
So what’s Canva Docs?
Canva Docs is a visible first doc creator that goes effectively past boring phrase processing. You’ll be able to design paperwork which might be supercharged with movies, photos, graphics, infographics, charts, graphs and extra.
Every little thing is at your fingertips. And identical to different doc platforms like Google Docs, you possibly can simply collaborate with different crew members to work on paperwork collectively.
You’ll be able to even embed shows from Canva straight into your doc. So, it doesn’t matter what different doc instruments you utilize, Canva Docs is value your consideration.
Canva Docs is free on all accounts – Free, Professional, Groups and Schooling. Nonetheless, keep in mind that there could also be some extra options or content material you get entry to with paid subscriptions.
Accessing Canva Docs
Accessing Docs is straightforward from the homepage in Canva. You can begin with a clean doc, or you possibly can click on on the Docs class to entry extra info and a rising library of Canva Docs templates, as follows:
Canva Docs Templates embrace all kinds of sensible paperwork from Examine Notes to Assembly Agendas, Lesson Plans to College Recipes, Blogs, Journals, Trackers and extra.
For instance, this Social Media Technique Template consists of banners, images, charts, and tables – all able to go. Test it out on this snippet beneath:
This template has quite a lot of completely different sections, together with banners, images, charts and tables. Watch the walkthrough on this video snippet:
You’ll be able to take a look at this Doc template right here.
Word: Canva Docs is a “Digital First” Doc
As acknowledged within the video, you will discover that at present Canva Docs work as one lengthy doc with out pages. This lack of pagination is considerably deliberate from Canva – a minimum of for now – as Canva Docs are designed to be shared and collaborated with digitally or “digital first”.
You’ll be able to print a Canva Doc as a PDF however you will have to verify the spacing first, which might be fiddly with out web page breaks. Simply keep in mind that these paperwork are ideally meant to be edited and used on-line vs printed – a minimum of for now.
Finest Options of Canva Docs
Listed below are a few of the finest options of Canva Docs (for my part) together with the complete vary components which you could embed into your paperwork:
- Easy to make use of Drag and Drop editor.
- You’ll be able to simply embed content material – textual content, movies, photos, graphics, checklists, charts and graphs.
- Simply entry content material at your fingertips – merely press the Magic Shortcut “+” button or “/” and a floating toolbar seems to seek for movies, photos, tables … principally any graphic you want!
- Work in editable blocks of content material, together with banners and dividers to interrupt up your customized textual content and graphics.
- Simply rework paperwork into Shows utilizing the “Docs to Decks” format – this lets you use Canva to show your notes into a shocking presentation in a couple of clicks. Extra of this beneath!
- Collaborate with crew members in actual time together with the flexibility to go away feedback and assign duties to crew members.
- Entry to Canva Docs throughout a number of gadgets together with desktop, tablets, and cell gadgets.
- Share your docs and entry insights on engagement together with your Doc.
- Canva features a rising variety of Docs templates to make it simpler than ever to get began with a venture.
- Magic Write! That is Canva’s wonderful AI-powered co-author that’s at present solely obtainable in Canva Docs. Magic Write let’s you generate articles, concepts, lists, outlines and matters – from social media posts to product descriptions. Extra of this beneath!
Here is an instance of a Banner added to a Canva Doc with a guidelines beneath it:
and you may see the method for including a banner or sections to your doc utilizing the Magic Shortcuts on this video snippet:
Docs to Decs Characteristic
You could be considering… did I simply learn which you could flip Canva Docs into Shows in a couple of clicks? Sure, sure you probably did. Let’s check out “Docs to Decks”.
Mainly you simply want a Canva Doc accomplished with your entire info on it, you then click on “Convert” to transform your Doc to a Presentation.
Canva will then take your entire info – the textual content, the pictures, movies, charts and tables and convert it right into a presentation, providing you with a selection of fashion like this:
Take a look at Docs to Decks in motion on this video snippet:
Spectacular, proper? Typically one of many greatest obstacles to creating a tremendous presentation isn’t the content material itself however the design. Docs to Decks helps to get rid of that block and get you began with creating a tremendous presentation, straight from Canva Docs.
However there’s yet another function that pairs collectively exceptionally with Canva Docs… and that is the AI magic of Magic Write. Let’s check out this wonderful function:
Magic Write is Canva’s new AI textual content generator. It helps you get concepts on a web page, get your first draft completed and a lot extra! At present it is solely obtainable as a part of Canva Docs. Nonetheless Canva is at all times engaged on new options and it’s more likely to evolve.
Consider it as a useful software for copy content material, concepts, lists, bios, captions, brainstorming, something you could write. Within the video beneath, I put Magic Write by its paces, first difficult Magic Write to create some enjoyable Christmas themed content material together with a Christmas Rap and story about Rudolph (verify them out right here for enjoyable).
Then I targeted on content material for small enterprise homeowners to make use of in advertising and marketing and social media, the place I feel Magic Write shall be most useful. I requested it to create the next content material:
- 5 enterprise posts for an upcoming launch for a candle product
- 5 concepts for advertising and marketing your new trainers
- 5 factors for a weblog about important design rules
- 5 humorous parent-focused posts for a parenting weblog (for social media posts).
Take a look at the outcomes on the video snippet beneath:
When you have been dwelling below a rock and have not found the facility of Chat-GPT and the numerous variations of AI software program obtainable that’s constructed on GPT3 (with GPT4) coming) then Canva’s Magic Write is constructed on the identical know-how, specifically GPT3 in partnership with OpenAI. What units Magic Write aside is that it brings AI tech to over 100 million Canva customers in a method that helps you obtain your objectives – with all of the instruments in Canva able to make that occur.
Ideas for utilizing Magic Write
1 Be Descriptive – The higher the phrases you place in, the higher Magic Write’s output shall be.
2. All the time Evaluate and Refine the output to make it your individual. It is at all times higher in case you add your individual aptitude, and take what Magic Write suggests, then put it into your individual phrases.
3. Use Magic Write as a starting level to get began. Do not depend on it for a whole essay or weblog put up. With all of the AI flying round there’s going to be one thing particular about novel concepts and ideas. Do not neglect to share them!
4. Pay attention to limitations. That is an evolving function in Canva and AI typically. You need to use Magic Write for industrial or private tasks, however please verify the phrases and situations and perceive that duplicate content material is feasible and that you do not have the rights to content material created.
For the above causes, I’d suggest utilizing Magic Write for “mild content material” like social media posts, weblog put up concepts, enjoyable content material, getting began with tweets, or getting began with the “bones” of an article. I’d keep away from essential paperwork like authorized paperwork, assignments or essays or something that must be unique for now.
Pricing and Plans
Canva Docs is free for all customers and shall be ceaselessly free to entry on a Free, Groups, Schooling, Groups or Enterprise account. Simply please keep in mind that there could also be some extra options or content material that you’ll solely get entry to on paid subscriptions.
Magic write can also be free for everybody to make use of and Free Canva Subscribers can generate as much as 25 items of content material free of charge. These customers with Professional, Groups or NFP subscriptions can generate as much as 75 items of content material utilizing their subscription, per consumer per 30 days. At present Magic Write isn’t obtainable for college kids or academics on the Canva for Schooling plan resulting from restrictions round AI and college students creating unique content material. However which will change in future because the product evolves.
Want Extra? Seize my 45 Days Free Trial on Canva Professional
If you wish to attempt Canva Professional options you possibly can entry my unique 45 free trial of Canva Professional on my unique prolonged trial affiliate hyperlink beneath. Get entry to 1000’s extra movies, components, images and templates from a complete vary of designers on the Canva Market. Strive it free for 45 days on this hyperlink:
Need Free Canva Templates? take a look at my Canva Creator Profile for over 1000 Canva Templates, prepared to make use of now!
What do you assume?
Personally I like the visible richness of Canva Docs and I sit up for seeing this product evolve. I additionally love the potential for collaboration and creating “digital first” paperwork with crew members. I hate printing something, so it is a win for me.
It is also tremendous useful to have the ability to entry your entire visible property and mix it with the facility of Magic Write. I will sit up for listening to what you create with it!
Donna is a Visible Content material Strategist and founding father of Socially Sorted, listed by Forbes as a “High 5 Social Media Weblog You Have to Know About”. Donna helps manufacturers leverage the facility of visible storytelling and content material technique of their enterprise. Her content material has been featured in publications equivalent to Forbes, Inc. & Entrepreneur and she or he is a speaker and coach on visible content material for the advertising and marketing and tourism industries internationally.
#Canva #Docs #Magic #Write #Visible #Paperwork #Energy