make Christmas ornaments with paper and chipboard. Straightforward and so distinctive!
Every year, I make a pair new DIY vacation ornaments for Christmas to embellish the tree and provides as presents to family and friends. Generally I add them as reward toppers to make the bundle cuter they usually function an additional reward that means too.
This 12 months although, I’ll have gotten a little carried away. As a result of though I already had loads of ornaments, I couldn’t cease myself from making a number of extra. Actually although, I’m so glad I did as a result of the ornaments I’m sharing right now are my favorites but!
I used my Cricut Maker machine for all three ornaments. BUT you can even reduce every thing by hand utilizing the included templates.
Click on by way of to see all three DIY decoration concepts and obtain my customized templates to make your personal.
Distinctive DIY Christmas Ornaments 3 Methods
With all of the totally different choices for making ornaments, I wished to stay with some form of cohesive theme. Particularly in the event that they’re all hanging on the tree collectively.
So, I hand painted the entire supplies I used…from paper cardstock to kraft board to chipboard.
And each materials will be reduce utilizing the Cricut Maker machine. *You would additionally use one other slicing machine. I feel all of them just about work the identical means. I simply have already got a Cricut Maker, in order that’s why I’m sharing the best way to use this one specifically.
When you’ve by no means used one earlier than, you need to attempt it!!
It’s tremendous simple to make use of and solely takes a couple of minutes to setup. You’ll be able to add your personal designs and begin slicing instantly or entry their enormous library of ready-to-make tasks and templates (through Cricut’s Design Area) for those who want a little bit inspiration.
Each challenge is principally fool-proof. This may make extra sense when you’re within the design area making one thing, however I’ll attempt to clarify…
When you choose a design template to make (or make your personal) and click on the Make It button, it should ask you what materials you’re utilizing and allow you to know for those who want a particular blade, all earlier than you get began with the reduce. So it comes out good each time.
It additionally tells you the way far alongside the reduce is, in course of, whereas it’s slicing so you recognize what to anticipate when it comes to timing. That is particularly useful for longer cuts, like when utilizing the 2mm chipboard (which I used for DIY vacation decoration #2).
Anyway! Let’s get to the decoration tasks…
DIY Vacation Decoration #1: 3D Balls
1. For these 3D ball ornaments, I created a easy circle template and used the Cricut Maker to chop out all of the circles for me.
For this one, I like to recommend utilizing a strong shade medium weight cardstock. I used the darkish orange 12×12 cardstock from Cricut.
2. Then, after portray every thing and permitting it to totally dry, I folded every circle in half and glued the circles collectively on the folded flaps to begin forming a ball form.
Be certain the painted sides of the paper are dealing with outward.
3. Then once I had only a couple extra circles so as to add, I added a protracted piece of string (folded in half) by way of the middle. And I left about three inches on the backside. The tails of the string ought to be on the backside and the loop ought to be popping out the highest of the ball.
4. End up the remaining circles to finish the ball. Then tie off the underside hanging down a part of the string with a bead. OR do a thick knot as a substitute for those who’re utilizing a thicker string like mine.
Obtain the template for the 3D ball ornaments right here.
DIY Vacation Decoration #2: 3D Stars
I made these 3D star ornaments with Cricut’s chipboard.
1. The start course of for this one was identical to the opposite two, I created a file, imported it into the Cricut Design Area, and the Cricut Maker reduce out all of the shapes for me. You’ll want the knife blade + drive housing for this challenge.
2. From there, I hand painted both sides after which put the puzzle items collectively to type three-dimensional stars. You’ll want two stars complete to type one decoration – one with a slit within the prime of the star and one with a slit within the backside.
3. You’ll be able to add a little bit string to the highest of every completed decoration or nestle them into the tree as is, since they’re so dimensional and light-weight.
Obtain the template for the 3D star ornaments right here.
DIY Vacation Decoration #3: Geo Stacked
Impressed by present jewellery tendencies, I made ornaments that mimic geometric earring designs.
1. As soon as I created the form templates in Photoshop I uploaded it to the Cricut Design Area and reduce it out with the Cricut Maker, choosing the kraft board materials earlier than beginning.
2. Then, I painted the items identical to the final decoration challenge, this time on each side although.
3. After which fastidiously add small soar rings (those your use for jewellery making) to the holes within the prime and backside of the shapes. The concept was to create some festive Christmas tree ‘jewellery’.
The template I created (linked under) has tiny holes already within the shapes, and plenty of choices so you possibly can select totally different preparations when making your personal. Some shapes have two holes, which can be utilized for prime and center placement and a few shapes solely have one gap, for use as the underside piece.
Use the weeder instrument to poke by way of holes if vital, to take away any extra paper.
4. Then, you simply add a string to the very prime soar ring and it’s prepared to hold from the tree. OR as an alternative choice, you need to use the items to create a protracted garland utilizing the identical methodology of connecting the shapes with soar rings and skip the string.
Obtain the template for the geo stacked ornaments right here.
And that’s it for my vacation decoration DIYs.
To make it simple to seek out all 3 free decoration templates in a single spot, I’m together with them under…
Do you make any vacation decorations annually for Christmas?
#Distinctive #Straightforward #DIY #Decoration #Concepts